Friday, May 30, 2008

Lemonade

I'm writing to you all not from Gulu, Uganda but New York, USA.

Yesterday Laura and I were delayed on our flight from Chicago to New York. We got off the plane at JFK at 5:25 with our connecting flight at 5:40. Oh man, did we run to catch that plane! Unfortunately it just did not work out and we missed the flight to Amsterdam. After a LONG and stressful disscussion with the folks at American Airlines we found out that we will not be able to get on a flight to Entebbe until Saturday/Sunday. The new plan is to leave Saturday evening and arrive at 9pm in Uganda. In the meantime, we have been given a free two-night stay in a hotel by the airport.

When life hands you lemons... you order free room service and explore New York City.

Hopefully all will work out well and I will be in Uganda by Sunday.

Please continue to send good-travel vibes.

5 comments:

Amy N. said...

Diana!

Love the post.

Weird how life works out - Madisson had some mishaps in Amsterdam and will be getting into Uganda about an hour before you and Laura get in on Sunday night.

Hope your trip goes more smoothly!

Anonymous said...

This just adds to the adventure!

I am glad you have a travel buddy. Do you have your cell with you?

dzurawski said...

I do have my cell while I'm here in the states still.

greenrice said...

Very crafty of you and Laura to make it look like an "accident" that you didn't make your flight in time. Have a wonderful expense-free time in the Big Apple!! I sure do miss you already.
lots of love,
mommy

Emily H said...

Hey Diana,
Nice that you got to have a mini pre-adventure adventure! I hope it was fun and I'm definitely sending safe travel vibes! Hope to hear news and see pics soon!
--Emily