Saturday, June 14, 2008

More to follow



Things here have been quite busy. Madisson and I have been exploring primary schools that our children attend. A whole new idea of a "high needs school" has emerged as I sit in on a class with 121 students and no books. I have a big update coming about a Day in the Life of Laker Diana (my Acholi name). I just wanted to post some pictures while I am at the office. I uploaded them for the article being written for the Dearborn Press and Guide and I thought that perhaps you all might like to see them.

The first is baby Nathan, who lives in the compound out back. He is a sweet baby if you let him stand.

These are some of the girls during the welcome ceremony. They look a little pained but surely they were enjoying themselves.


I was going to post more but loading is slow here. So I will leave it at that for now. Be on the look out for a long post very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby! he's a cutie!

Peter Jurich said...

When will the Press & Guide article be out?

dzurawski said...

I'm not sure when the article will come out. I sent those pictures last Thursday so I think it will be out within the next couple of weeks. Keep an eye out!

Jules said...

Hey Diana!

It is so great to see your blog! It sounds like you are having a great experience! Do you need anything?! Let me know - I have the mailing system down!

Be safe! Keep blogging!
Love Juliana